Saturday, February 4, 2012

Inspiring

I hope all of you Canadians residing in Canada were able to catch our Women's Soccer team, they played their Olympic qualifying tournament in Vancouver BC. They beat Mexico to qualify for London. It was truly inspiring watching them play on home soil, BC place was packed. I was tearing up at the end of their game against Mexico with a few minutes left the crowd started signing the national anthem. I imagine as an athlete that is quite possibly one of the coolest experiences; qualifying for the Olympics in your home country and the crowd singing the anthem. I mean I get goosebumps just typing it. I was fixated to the TV and watched a full 20 minutes of their celebrations after the game. I was so fired up that evening that I couldn't sleep at all I just kept on dreaming of our opportunity this summer. I can not wait to get to Turkey!!

We do have some great news for all you BC folks out there... games! We do not have official dates yet but middle to end of May you will get a chance to watch us in action. China one of the top teams in the world is coming out. We are looking to pack the gyms! For any high school, junior high or club team coaches we would love to talk with your teams so mark May down on your calendars.

GO CANADA GO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment