Thursday, February 16, 2012

Draw is out!

The draw for our Olympic qualifying tournament has been released. We are in group D with France and Mali. I will attach the link so you can see how the tournament works. We are going there to get 3 straight wins! We know we are a great team and if we take care of the ball and hit some shots we can achieve our dream. Really the opponents don't matter, all of these teams are good. We have to play well to qualify but there is something about knowing who you are playing that makes it more exciting and real. We are all getting together May 2nd for our first training camp.
http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/news/presRele/p/newsid/50623/presReleArti.html

This will be my 11th summer with the national team and I have never been more excited and energized than I am right now. In the past a whole year of training on my own, going to the gym and repeating the same routines would result in me hitting a wall. This year I have loved every minute in the gym (okay maybe not the lifting and cardio as much) but basketball wise I feel like a high school kid again. My basketball workout normally runs about 90 minutes with the first 30 consisting of warm up, ball handling and spot shooting. You would not believe how fast my workouts feel like they are going. When I look at my watch and see that my workout is over I am almost disappointed. Talking with my teammates I know I am not the only one. Although almost all of them are pretty awful at updating the blog and sending in training logs. I know they are working hard to get Canada Basketball back in the Olympic Games.

BC friends and fans keep May 16-18th free as we will square off against China on 3 consecutive nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment