Friday, April 13, 2012

Hey Everyone!!

Life is crazzzy! I have a few main projects going on that are consuming my life:

1. Getting in the gym a ton with one of our assistant coachesat UD (University of Dayton).

2. I am in the Process of getting my Thesis approved by the international review board. I will be doing it on the kinematics of female runners with patellofemoral pain using a multi-segment foot model which really means I am looking at the running mechanics of females with knee pain in a minimalist shoe. I get to use the motion analysis lab and run people through all these cameras with reflective markers all over them. It basically produces a 3D image of where their skeletal system is at when they run and as they run through the lab a million statistics are generated about the angles of their joints and the forces they are generating, etc. I am pretty excited about it.

3. I am just finishing up all the summer workout plans for the women's basketball team at UD and we are into post-season workouts now. It is awesome to work with them and be a part of helping them attain their goals. A-10 Champs this year for the first time in history!! Yipee!!

4. As part of my Graduate Assistantship I am setting up all the events for the faculty/staff wellness program this summer. A lot of administrative stuff like writing up contracts for all our activity class instructors and I'll be registering all the faculty/staff for all the classes they want to take this summer soon too.

Other than that, I just have regular school, teaching classes and then hours at the restaurant. I somehow managed to find enough people to cover all my duties to get to the the Final Four in Denver with Mike (My fiance). That was extreme amounts of fun. It was super great to see Nat play (I thought you did an outstanding job!) and to be in Denver. Colorado is the Meca for health and fitness and I was in heaven... Went to some amazing restaurants and got in some great workouts at altitude. Mike and I stayed with an old UD teammate and her bf in Denver and her and I beat mike and her bf at 2 on 2...pretty hilarious. Mike has 0 explosiveness because of how much running he does (100 miles a week...its sick I know). He has all slow twitch endurance muscle and no explosive power but somehow an incredible hook shot and a 3 pointer that hardly misses? Men....go figure.. They took the first win 21-18 and then Elle and I got serious and beat then 21-15 and 21-19. haha.

Anyways that is it for now, I suggest you all read The Patriot by John Furlong. Our PG Teresa told us to read it and I thought I would pass along the recommedation...It is sure to make every Canadian proud of who they are! Have a great weekend Everyone!

Kendel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment