Monday, July 18, 2011

Update here from Janelle a.k.a Muffins. I am currently sitting in the Calgary airport waiting for my flight to Abbotsford. I decided to go in a week early before training camp started to train and hang out with some teammates! I will be staying with Megan a.k.a Pearl in the beautiful city of Port Coquitlam.

5 weeks off has gone by extremely fast! Most of my time off was spent training and hanging out with my family here in Calgary. All my siblings were in Calgary for the summer so it was awesome to be able to call them up and hang out. I did make it down a few times to my hometown, also known as the Corn Capital of Canada, Taber. More time will be spent in Taber during our next break, where I will be able to attend the ever so popular Taber Cornfest.

The best thing about being home is being able to see my nieces and nephew. I have one nephew, Solomon, who is almost 3, and two nieces, Avery who is 1, and Marion who is 5 months. Most days were spent playing outside, swimming, as well as going to the Calgary zoo and the Calgary Stampede. It’s so cute to hear my little nephew say, “Hey Auntie JJ, you now what? I love you”. It’s been fun to babysit and be around them!

We also went on a family vacation for 5 days to Fairmont, BC, a hot springs we have been going to every year since I was a kid. It’s hard for all of us to be in the same place at once, but the whole family made it this year! We spent most of our time swimming, going for walks, playing cards, and golfing. I am so terrible at golf but I enjoy playing and my dad says I’m getting better. He might be just trying to make me feel better!

I am so excited to get the next training camp going! It’s always fun to be reunited with all the girls after a long break! China and Japan will be great competition, and maybe I will be reunited with my long lost Japanese exchange student Shoko! You never know!

Until next time babes,

Janelle

2 comments:

  1. Oooo... party foul J Beks. Port Moody!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool to hear that one of Team Canada is from Taber, Alberta. We were in Taber last summer. Hung out for a day snapping pix including Taber's Big Woman outside of Kirks Tires and the massive cornstalk. Wish we could make Taber Cornfest and try some Taber Corn. Canadian Badlands site blogged about it at http://canadabadlands.com/2011/07/corn-capital-of-canada/ Good luck to you and your team at London 2012. We'll be rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete