Friday, July 1, 2011

Seize the Opportunity!

Teresa here,

With a huge tournament (Olympic Qualification) only weeks away, I feel the need to remind everyone about the significance and importance of this opportunity.

As the eldest member of our team I have replayed in my mind how many Olympic opportunities I could have and or should have had, but have not experienced. This is my 14th year on the team and this could potentially have been my 4th Olympic games. However, things don’t always go the way you envision they might and as a result I have been to one Olympic games (Sydney 2000). Many of us have been on the team for numerous years and unfortunately have had Olympic opportunities pass us by.

This year, this team, these athletes are different! We have skill, experience, physical and mental strengths, determination, competitiveness, perseverance, chemistry, and most of all heart! This group of women deserves to experience something as special and amazing as the Olympic games. Let’s seize this opportunity to experience something we will always remember and cherish, as there are no guarantees for what the future will hold.

We deserve it! Let’s go get it!

Teresa

1 comment:

  1. Nicely said Teresa!!! I also believe the same!

    ReplyDelete