Wednesday, December 1, 2010

First Injection!!

Hello Basketball Fans!!
It's Teresa taking a turn to update the blog.

Going into World Championships I was not 100% healthy...and returning home from Worlds I am even further from healthy. As we all know and have experienced, unfortunately injury is part of sport. After 15 months of seeing doctors and physios, and getting various tests and treatments, we have finally discovered that I have micro tears in my heel as well as thickening of my plantar fascia. I will start the dextrose (sugar) injections this week. I am not going to lie, I am a little nervous about this whole process. The thought of getting an injection anywhere, let alone the hell, isn't all that appealing to me.

I will keep you posted on how these injections are going. Wish me luck, Teresa.

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck Teresa, looking forward to your full recovery. Keep us updated.

    Dave Small

    ReplyDelete