Monday, November 29, 2010

Ciao from Italy

Hey everyone, Krista Phillips here updating you from the tiny town of Umbertide, Italy. I have been here for a month and a half now, and am finally feeling settled in. It was quite an adjustment as i was whirl winded through everything as they showed me the town, began teaching me the team plays, and tried to help me drive a standard car. I am happy to report i know my way around quite well, have finally learned all the plays, and decided not to drive standard quite yet. One thing at a time. I live alone in a 2 bedroom apartment, and have come to enjoy it quite a bit. As of yesterday my team has become the number 1 team in our 1A division in Italy with our win last night, and are currently undefeated as well as the team to beat right now. We are also the #1 ranked team in defence, and we are pretty proud of that as well. The girls on the team are really great and we all get along very well, which has been a contributing factor to our great performance. Everyone from home is asking if i have been learning italian, and i have to say that it is coming very slowly. I know the simple words and question phrases, but i have found in more cases than not most people know enough english to understand what i am asking! :) The food is great! But i am trying to stay away from the pizza and pasta. A difficult feat considering that is all they eat here!
Well that is all for now!! We play the italian cup champions from last year this coming sunday, so wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment