Sunday, October 31, 2010

Greetings from the island.


Hello Canada basketball fans, Kim Smith here checking in from Ibiza, Spain. Ibiza is a small island just off the eastern coast of Spain. It is gorgeous, beautiful sandy white beaches and crystal clear water. I think it is making me a little soft though because the other day I was complaining of the "cold weather" it had dropped to 19C.
I have been re united with my fellow Canadian and proud former Ute Shona Thorburn. It is always nice to know someone when you are overseas and even better when it is a good friend that you enjoy playing with. Our team is in the first division Spanish league and thus far we are 3-3. We are undefeated at home, just have to get things clicking on the road!

While my countdown to Christmas is on (49 days) I am getting used to the Spanish way of life. Waking up before 930 is unheard of, and everyday there is siesta from 2-5. My family always makes fun of my sleeping schedule and here I found a whole country that believes in the power of 10-12 hours a day! The only downside is that we eat dinner really late.... normally don't start cooking until 10:30.

My spanish is coming along, I can understand almost everything that my coach says on the court. Off the court is still a work in progress, I will be looking into some lessons later on this week.

Happy Halloween!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment