Thursday, October 28, 2010

Courtnay from Lithuania

Hi to all the Canada Ball fans!

Just a little update on how I am doing. I am in Lithuania (by Poland, Latvia, and Belarus), playing for VICI Kaunas in the Euro league. This is my first experience as a pro athlete so I have had my ups and downs, but I have settled into a nice routine here and enjoying my time.

Our team recently just played our first Euro league game against the defending champions Spartak, and we won on a buzzer beater layup! This game was one of the better games I have been a part of, and was a huge win for our team and Lithuania in general. For those who might not know, Lithuania takes their basketball VERY seriously.. its the equivalent to hockey in Canada.

So season is well under way with our Lithuanian league games and Euro league games, so lots of basketball being played which is the most important thing! I am working hard, as I know all the other girls are doing to get better for next summer to qualify for the Olympics!

Until my next update,

Courtnay

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update Courtnay, best of luck in your first pro season!


    Stan

    ReplyDelete