Monday, April 11, 2011

Baltic League Champions


Vici Aistes- Baltic League Champs :)
Hi all!

I figured its time for another update from Lithuania! Things have been going well here, and I am enjoying myself! Our season is almost over and its almost time for me to get back to Canada!

This past weekend our team played in the Baltic League Final Four. The league is for countries around the Baltic Sea (Belarus, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia,and Estonia). Our semi-final game we played another Lithuanian team, and in the finals we played a very strong Russian team. We ended up beating the Russian team by 13 in the finals to win the Championship!

As a team this was one of our goals, so it was nice to accomplish it! We have the rest of Lithuanian playoffs to finish now, and hopefully get another championship!

I have had a great time here in Lithuania, but I am so excited to get back with the great group of girls we have with Canada, and start training to qualify for the Olympics!

Courtnay

1 comment: