Thursday, January 27, 2011

Greetings From Germany:)

Hi everyone,
It's Tamara here updating from Germany! I have been here for about 3 and a half weeks now and I've had no problems getting things on track. I went back to the old club that I played for my first season in Germany, the Halle Lions. So it took me no longer than a couple days to feel right at home! The team has made a lot of changes and is completely different. The girls are all new and a handful of them are girls that have moved up from the younger team...so our team is super young. I am actually one of the older players on the team and that is a first for me over here in europe!
We have 5 foreigners..... 3 Americans, 1 Slovakian, and 1 Canadian. One of the Americans has a German passport. So it's kind of nice for our team to play her as a German player because the new rule in the league states that there has to be at least 2 German players on the floor throughout the game.

We ended up winning our first 2 games back from the break and our team is looking like we are showing some great potential. We look like we can pull off some huge upsets for the remainder of the season, and even playoffs.....and I love being the underdog:) Our first true test will be this weekend, as we take on the defending champions of the league! I'm pumped up, and after a couple great wins the ladies have gained some real confidence going into the game!!!


It feels great to be back in that competitive mode and I am training hard to get my team as well as myself, to where we need to be!!
So wish me luck!

GO Canada GO
T

No comments:

Post a Comment